Looking for a simple, healthy and tasty energy bar for a quick pick me up? These No Bake Paleo Energy Bars are perfect as an any-time snack, for a before or after working out or to even satisfy your sweet tooth.
These energy bars are packed with healthy fats to help boost energy levels and keep you full for several hours.
The key ingredients that make these No Bake Paleo Energy Bars a powerhouse of goodness are the following;
- Collagen Powder: Collagen is a superfood to improve skin complexion, heal the gut lining, reduce inflammation in the body , help heal joints and muscles. It’s truly a wonderful addition to everyone’s nutrition. Bone broths are a great way to feed your body collagen, but it can seem a little tedious to make for some people so a more practical way is to consume it in the form of powder. You can add collagen powder to virtually everything. Mix it in your coffee, tea, smoothies, parfaits and in these No Bake Paleo Energy Bars.
- Maca Powder: Maca is a root that grows in The Andes of Peru and Bolivia. Maca is consider an adaptogen plant. Adaptogens have the ability to help the body better handle physical and emotional stress. Adaptogens interact with the hypothalamic-pituitary adrenal axis, which is the stress response system in the body. Maca and many other adaptogenic herbs and plants have the ability to calm these areas of the brain, helping you feel less stressed and fatigued while boosting energy levels.
No Bake Paleo Energy Bars
- 1 cup chunky almond butter
- 2 scoops collagen powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tsp maca powder
- 1/3 cup sugar-free chocolate chips
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except chocolate chips. Mix until you get a soft paste. It shouldn’t be sticky. If it’s sticky, add a little more collagen powder.
- Cover a square or rectangular container with a sheet of parchment paper and using your hands or a spatula, spread the almond butter mixture.
- Use a double broiler to melt chocolate chips and if you don’t have one, no worries! Add 1 cup of water to a medium size pot and bring to boil. Cover with a glass or metal bowl and add chocolate chips. Stir with a spatula and once it’s melted, spread over the almond butter mixture.
- Transfer to the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut into rectangular bars or any size you want. They’ll stay well in the fridge for over a week. You can also store them in the freezer for the bars to last longer.
Let me know in the comments below if you have questions and make sure to stay connected! Follow @nakedflavors_on Instagram
With love and gratitude,