This Gluten Free Vanilla Cream Strawberry Stuffed Cake is to die for.
The cake is fluffy, the filling creamy and the chocolate ganache rich and thick. I promise you that it is super simple to make with ingredients that are easy to find.
I saw a similar cake on a Facebook post a friend shared, it looked delicious but the ingredients they used made me lose my appetite. So I decided to do something about and recreate a recipe that’s gluten-free and free of refined sugars, made with healthy fats and ingredients that the gut and tastebuds will appreciate.
As I always say, for every unhealthy recipe there’s always a nutritious and mouthwatering alternative, it just calls for a little imagination. 😉
Gluten Free Vanilla Cream Strawberry Stuffed Cake
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup organic strawberries
Raw Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup raw cream (Organic Pastures)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a large bowl mix eggs, coconut milk, coconut sugar and vanilla extract. Use a whisk or hand mixer.
- Add almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover the bottom of a rectangular loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper and brush with a little bit of oil.
- Pour in the mixture and bake for 1 hour. Insert a toothpick or fork to make sure the dough is cooked in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 20 minutes or until it cools down.
- Carefully removed cake from the pan.
- Flip the cake over and cut the top off.
- Start removing the the middle of the cake leaving a rectangular cavity.
- In a large bowl pour in all the raw whipped cream ingredients and using a hand mixer combine for 2 minutes or until it obtains a thick consistency.
- Fill the cavity of the cake with a layer of whipped cream, top with sliced strawberries and cover with one more layer of cream.
- Cover with the thinner slice of cake
- In a small sauce pan heat up coconut cream at low temperate. Just heat it up don’t let it boil. Once hot, removed from the fire and pour chocolate chips. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Using a spatula mix rapidly for a couple of minutes until it becomes thick. Transfer to the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spread chocolate ganache all over the cake and top with sliced strawberries.