This simple dessert is not only delicious but also guilt-fee! Every time I make something sweet I always make sure to add fats. Why? Because the presence of fats will help prevent sudden spikes in blood sugar levels, avoiding sugar crashes and altering your hormones. This also applies when eating fruits, whenever you are eating an apple or whatever fruit of your choice make sure to eat it together with nuts, nut butter, coconut butter or a piece of raw cheese.
Alright amazing person on the other side of the screen! That’s the healthy tip of the day. Let’s move on to this simple recipe that will for sure thrill your tastebuds! Enjoy!
Chocolate Raspberry Bombs
Makes 12-15 bombs
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp tapioca flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (I buy mine at Trader Joe’s)
- Soak cashews overnight or for at a least couple of hours previous to making this recipe. Make sure to use filtered water and lemon juice or sea salt.
- Discard water and transfer cashews to food processor.
- Blend cashews together with raspberries, vanilla, 1 tbsp coconut oil and maple syrup. Process until a paste has formed.
- Pour cashew mixture in a large bowl and mix in tapioca flour.
- Let rest in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bowl from freezer and mix in coconut flour until well combined in the cashew-raspberry paste.
- In a small saucepan over low heat melt dark chocolate with 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Dust your hands with some coconut flour and start forming small cashew-raspberry balls.
- Deep them in melted chocolate using a spoon and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Transfer your balls, I mean the raspberry ones hehe, to the freezer for 10 minutes.