Before you scroll all the way down to the recipe, let me give you a fair warning…
You’re going to want to eat the whole pie! I’m not kidding. I had to bring this Paleo Pumpkin Caramel Pie to work because I could’ve easily eaten it all myself.
It has a cheesecake consistency, it’s crunchy on top, it’s made with a chocolate crust and it’s topped with a homemade caramel sauce. Everything is free of dairy, gluten, soy and refined sugars. – Your tastebuds are in for a treat!
This recipe is super simple to make because all you need to do is throw the ingredients in your blender, pour and freeze. It definitely made me look like a pastry chef at the office – which I’m definitely not!
The only preparation required is soaking cashews either overnight or for a couple of hours. This helps get them soft, so it acquires a creamy texture when blended.
Paleo Pumpkin Caramel Pie
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 3 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- pinch sea salt
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp almond butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- Soak cashews overnight or for 2 hours in warm water.
- Prepare a cheesecake mold or springform by covering the bottom with a sheet of parchment or wax paper. This makes it easier to remove the pie.
- Mix all the crust ingredients in a large bowl using a spatular or your hands until it acquires a dough consistency. Press down and cover the bottom of the prepared springform.
- Discard water and blend cashews with the rest of the filling ingredients. Transfer content to springform mold and spread even using a spatula. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt butter and add coconut sugar. Stir gently, until sugar is completely melted. Remove from heat and mix in almond butter.
- Add walnuts and mix in caramel sauce. Pour over the pumpkin pie and cover the entire surface. Transfer to the freezer for another 10 minutes and ENJOY!
This Pumpkin Caramel Pie lasts for 3-4 days in the fridge and way longer in the freezer. If frozen, just make sure to thaw for 10 minutes before eating.
Keep me posted in the comments below how you liked this Pumpkin Caramel Pie.
If you liked this recipe, I’m confident you’d like this Paleo Raspberry Cheesecake as well.
Thank you so much for stopping by and feel free to share this recipe with the pumpkin lovers in your life.
With love and gratitude,