These Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are very simple to make and are the perfect snack or treat for when you’re craving a piece of chocolate.
Besides being delightful, these Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are free of refined sugars and packed with healthy fats from coconut oil, cacao powder and coconut butter.
Before we move to the recipe…
Let me ask you something: Do you crave sweets like a breath underwater?
You’re not alone.
So, can I give you a quick tip to reduce your sugar cravings?
Add more fats. Yup, I said fats.
If you’re craving sugars, need something sweet after every meal, or eat sweets to feel more energized, then it’s a very good sing your body has become sugar burner. And it’s time to convert it into a fat-burner – meaning the body will use fat for energy.
How do we do this? You’ll have to retrain your body. Think of your body as a puppy. You’ll teach this puppy that fats equal energy.
So when sugar cravings kick in, be strong and eat fats instead. To apply this tip successfully it’s important to be ready. – because let’s be honest, no matter your good intentions to limit sugar consumption, if you don’t have healthy options handy, it’s very likely you’ll find yourself eating that sugary treat or drink again and again and again.
So besides this Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups, other healthy and filling options to snack on are apples or berries with almond butter or coconut butter, full-fat yogurt (if you aren’t lactose intolerant) with berries and raw nuts, hard-boiled eggs, avocados and if you’re crazy about chocolate like me, you can also try these Mini Dark Chocolate Tarts.
If there is ONE thing you can do to improve your health, it’s to focus on reducing sugars. And you can achieve this by adding healthy fats.
I can go on for pages writing about this subject but I know you’re waiting for the recipe. – Feel free to post your questions in the comments section 😉
So here you go, you’ll be pleased to know how easy and quick these Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups are to prepare and the simple ingredients you’ll need.
Chocolate Coconut Butter Cups
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 7 drops liquid stevia or any other sweetener of your choice
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Handful of walnuts or any other nuts you like
- Use a cupcake tray and place cupcake liners in 8 cavities.
- Mix melted coconut oil with cacao powder, sea salt and stevia or any other sweetener of your choice.
- Pour chocolate mixture into each cupcake liner and add 1-2 walnuts in each cupcake liner.
- Transfer to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, mix coconut butter with vanilla extract.
- Remove try from the freeze and pour coconut butter mixture in each cupcake liner.
- Transfer to the freezer for another 5 minutes and done!
* Keep them in the freezer because coconut oil and coconut butter will easily melt at room temperature.
What do you think? Easy peasy, right?
I love seeing your Naked Flavors creations, so pretty please remember to tag me @nakedflavors_