Here’s an easy chocolate cake recipe your tastebuds and gut will love. This Gluten-Free Pear Chocolate cake is a healthy way to treat yourself with some guilt-free desert.
For the most part, I try to keep my sugar consumption very low, even from natural sources.
Honestly, eliminating sugar cravings was one of the most challenging things I had to do for my health.
Did you know sugars are 8 times more addictive than cocaine? Crazy, right?
Following a healthy nutrition is about finding harmony. It’s great to feed the body a nutritious diet, but it doesn’t mean that you have to deprive yourself from eating delicious food.
I love food and I’m sure you do too! So if you’re struggling to get back on track and have been in a rut for a while, click here to download plenty of 15-Minute Meals that I promise will thrill your tastebuds!
It doesn’t hurt to treat yourself to a little dessert once in a while and even with more reason if it’s free of gluten, refined sugars and nasty oils, like this Gluten-Free Pear Chocolate Cake. 😉
Pear Chocolate Cake
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 pear
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like this brand)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a round or square baking pan with a sheet of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix almond meal, cacao, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- Melt coconut oil and pour in the bowl together with maple syrup, vanilla extract and eggs. Using a hand mixer blend all the ingredients.
- Now, grab a pear and slice it very thin. I used Anjou, but I’m sure any kind of pear works fine. Pour half of the chocolate batter into the prepared baking pan and cover with pear slices and then sprinkle chocolate chips.
- Pour in the remaining batter and bake for 20-25 minutes. Poke with a fork or a thin knife and if it comes out clean then it’s done. Remove from the oven and let cool before eating.
Love chocolate as much as I do? Check out this Gluten-Free Cake Pops recipe
Let me know in the comments below if you have questions and make sure to stay connected! Follow @nakedflavors_
With love and gratitude,