Once you go dark, you never go back!
Probably you already know this, but let me just say it one more time…I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE!! Every time I go grocery shopping, I look for real dark chocolate with natural sweeteners such as maple syrup, raw honey or coconut syrup. There are a couple of brands I like, but they cost half of my grocery-shopping budget! hehehe.
Besides enjoying dark chocolate for its taste, I like the fact that it contains magnesium – an essential mineral for infinite functions in the body. Every single cell requires magnesium in order to function properly. It helps keep our bones and teeth strong, balances our hormones, and maintains a healthy nervous and cardiovascular system. Magnesium also relaxes the body and muscles, which promotes better sleep. It is also essential for heart and brain health. Magnesium is also essential for healthy skin, this is the main reason I started supplementing with magnesium during my acne years.
Watch out for stress because it consumes large amount of magnesium and if it isn’t properly replenished, we could experience the any effects of magnesium deficiency. So don’t worry, be happy!
Alright, enough blah blah, blah! Here I present to you the recipe for these guilt free Mini Dark Chocolate Tarts.
- 1/2 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- In a large bowl add all the crust ingredients and mix using your hands. Alternatively, you can place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend, until a “dough” consistency has been acquired. It should take 2-3 minutes.
- I used a mini muffin pan and place the small cupcake liners in each cavity. Divide the crust mixture into 8 small balls and press down in each cupcake liner.
- Place all the filling ingredients in a food processor and blend for a couple of minutes. Fill each crust with the mixture.
- Place tray in the fridge for 30 minutes and tadaaaa!!!!