This Matcha Cheesecake, as with all Naked Flavors desserts, is gluten-free, refined sugar free and packed with healthy fats to thrill your tastebuds without sacrificing you health.
If you aren’t a coffee drinker like me or if you’re looking for a healthier and effective alternative. Matcha is the way to go because it has L-theanine – an amino acid that improves focus and helps with concentration while keeping you alert without feeling jittery. If you choose to give matcha a try, do your best to choose an organic brand, like this one.
- 1 1/3 cup almond flour or meal
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tbsp almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 3 1/3 cup cream cheese – I like the brand: Nancy’s. It’s lactose-free.
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 2/3 cup yogurt – I use goat milk yogurt
- 5 tbsp gelatin
- In large bowl, mix almond flour, butter and almond milk. Transfer to a springform pan and press down until the entire surface is covered. Chill for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix 2 tbsp of water and gelatin, and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, coconut sugar and yogurt using a whisk and add gelatin. Separate mixture into 2 different bowls.
- Mix matcha with water and mix in one of the bowls.
- Take your springform pan out of the fridge and pour in half the amount of one of the bowls. Chill for 10 minutes. Then pour half the amount of the other bowl and chill for 10 minutes. Alternate and repeat the process twice.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of matcha powder and enjoy!
Let me know in the comments below if you have questions and make sure to stay connected! Follow @nakedflavors_
With love and gratitude,