When it comes to baking, I’m definitely not the best. I try, but I just get confused with all the ratios of gluten-free flours and the proper combination. And some times that delicious gluten-free cake I had in mind doesn’t look exactly the same way when it comes out of the oven. Hahaha!
BUT Today I had a vision – Nostradamus style
What if I make gluten free donuts without gluten free flour?!?
So guess what I used instead? – Sweet potatoes!
This treat is completely free of gluten, grain, refined sugars and soy! AND also guilt-free! – Lovely, isn’t it?
If you’re a chocolate lover, then my friend, you’re certainly in for a treat. Get those tastebuds ready and get cooking!
So without further ado scroll down to see the recipe.
I’d love to know how you liked these gluten free donuts – just leave me a comment below and stay connected by following Naked Flavors on on Instagram.
Gluten and Grain Free Donuts
Makes 6 donuts
- 2 small sweet potato or 1 large, cooked and peeled. (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cacao (cocoa) powder
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I like Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven at 350 F.
- Mash sweet potato in a large bowl and mix with the rest of ingredients.
- Brush a donut pan with coconut oil.
- Fill each cavity with about 2 tbsp of the sweet potato mixture.
- Baked for 20 -25 minutes. Insert a fork and if it comes out dry, then it is done.
- Enjoy and share with your neighbors!