Here’s a dessert your tastebuds, gut and guests will be pleased to try!
This Pumpkin Pie is free of gluten and refined sugars, yet super tasty and really easy to make using ingredients that you probably have at home all the time.
All you need to do is to blend, pour and freeze.
If you decide to delight your family with this pumpkin pie pretty please share your creations with me on instagram or Facebook. It always makes me happy to see your Naked Flavors! 😀
My desire is that you enjoy your holiday dinner without compromising your gut and overall health!
If you are looking for more nourishing, practical and tasty ideas for your holiday gathering, check my book “Healthy Gut Happy You” where you will find plenty of gut-friendly recipes.
Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!
Cheeseless Pumpkin Pie
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 + 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 3 tbsp butter, soften
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups cashews
- 1 cup pumpkin pure
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Soak cashews overnight. If you forgot, soak them for a couple of hours in filtered water.
- In food processed mix crust ingredients and pulse until all ingredients are well blended. Do it for 2 minutes.
- Use a springform pan and the down the ingredients to cover the surface and set aside. You can use any pie pan, the springform just make sit easier to serve.
- Add all filling ingredients except for coconut oil in a food processor and blend until cashews are pureed.
- Add melted coconut oil and process one more time.
- Pour filling mixture in pan and spread evenly in the pan with the crust.
- Freeze for 2 hours.