This Gluten-free Meatball soup is a rich source of collagen, healthy fats, minerals and electrolytes to heal the skin and gut.
The key ingredient for any soup to come out incredibly delicious is to use bone broth. At home we always have home-made bone-broth stored in small 8 oz mason jars, otherwise the boyfriend freaks out. I love it too! Thank you to this miraculous liquid I was able to heal my gut and skin, which resulted in a Healthy Gut Happy Me! ;)
Bone broth is rich in collagen essential for beautiful skin, strong hair and nails, and healthy gut. It also boosts the inmune system like no other food, it is a great source of healthy fats, minerals and electrolytes. If you are experiencing skin or digestive issues? Click here to learn more about the benefits of bone broth and how to make it.
A cup of bone stock a day (forget the apple) will keep the doctors away!
This Gluten-Free Meatball Soup is made with simple ingredients that I am positive you probably already have at home. It is boyfriend, pup and crowd approved! Hope you enjoy it too.
Gluten- Free Meatball Noodle Soup
- 1/2 lb. ground chicken
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 2 tbsp fresh mint
- 2 tbsp fresh basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 4 cups bone broth (or water)
- Small piece of fresh ginger
- 1/2 package of brown rice noodles (approx. 4 oz)
- Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1 tbsp ghee, butter or coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- In a bowl mix ground chicken, ground pork, finely chopped mint and basil, garlic, red pepper flakes, paprika, and sea salt. Form approximately 10 small meatball.
- In a large skillet, melt fat of your choice over medium heat. Add meatballs and brown for 3-5 minutes. Rotate them to cook the outside evenly. Don’t worry if they are still raw inside, we will finish cooking them in the broth.
- To the same pot add broth, ginger and lemon juice. Season with sea salt and if you want some black pepper. Bring to boil for 5 minutes and then reduce to medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Add gluten-free noodles and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped mint.