No grain, no gluten and absolutely no wheat! Gluten-free lasagna made with everyday healthy ingredients!
For many who are starting their health journey going gluten-free may seem almost impossible! But trust me, you will get the hang of it. Avoiding gluten is really not as hard as it seems. To give you an example (besides all the other recipes on this website), I have created this Plantain Lasagna just for you. It contains healthy fats and blend of flavors that are guaranteed to please your tastebuds!
The best part is that it is made with ingredients super easy to find and process is very simple. When simplicity and taste are part of healthy eating, then there’s absolutely no excuses not to feed your body right.
If you’d like to see another out-of-the-ordinary lasagna, check this recipe.
I’d love to know what are your thought on this recipe! If you decide to prepare it, make sure to tag your pics with @nakedflavors on Instagram.
Have a happy, gluten-free day!
Gluten and Grain Free Lasagna
- 1 lb. ground beef (preferably, grass-fed)
- 3 large ripe plantains, sliced lengthwise into 4
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tbsp butter or ghee
- 1/2 cup water or bone broth (learn how to make it here )
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I prefer raw from Organic pastures)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Brush a large skillet with butter or ghee.
- Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes over low heat.
- Add tomato paste and bone stock or water. Stir well.
- Add ground beef and season with salt, pepper, garlic and paprika. Cook for 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- I use a square glass dish (like this one). Cover the bottom with a layer of ground beef, then a layer of cheese and then a layer of plantains. Repeat the process until your out of plantains and ground beef. The amount of ingredients listes will probably allow two layers (depending on the shape and size of your baking dish).
- Cover with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Easy, right? 😉