An egg yolk a day keeps the doctors away!
Did you know egg yolk can help lower cholesterol? It contains lecithin, a substance that can absorb “bad cholesterol” and increases good cholesterol. Eggs also contain vitamins A, D, E and K, which play major roles in our health. They support healthy eye function, promote healthy skin, boost immune function, lower risk of cancer, contain antioxidants, maintain healthy bones and teeth, protect our bodies from free radicals and much much more.
My typical breakfast always consist of eggs with sauté vegetables and bacon. So this time, instead of cooking them separately, I put them all in a convenient egg muffin.
These can be prepared in advance and stored in the fridge, so you can have a quick snack or breakfast to go for one of those busy days.
Makes: 4 muffins
- 4 bacon strips
- 1 small golden potato, thinly sliced
- 6 mushrooms sliced, not too thin
- 2 tbsp raw parmesan, grated (I usually buy it at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 eggs
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place each bacon strip around the inside of each muffin cup.
- Season sliced potatoes with sea salt and cover the bottom of each muffin cup with 4 potato slices.
- Cover with a layer of mushrooms and then add 1/2 tbsp of parmesan in each cup.
- Crack one egg into each cup and sprinkle a little salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.