Golden Milk lovers! Here’s another way you can benefit from this powerful drink in a jiggly snack!
This Gold Milk Gelatin is made without artificial colors, flavorings and refined sugars. It’s packed with healing properties your body and tastebuds will love.
There are two ingredients that make this golden milk gelatin a super snack: grass-fed gelatin and turmeric.
- Grass-fed gelatin is known to improve digestion, absorption of nutrients and also assists in strengthening nails, hair and skin.
- Turmeric contains curcumin, a substance with powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. One of the reasons turmeric has become so popular in the Western world is because Curcumin can help suppress inflammation which is a major contributor to many common diseases, from chronic digestive disorders to heart disease.
This Golden Milk Gelatin is super easy to prepare and it’s a great snack and to helps curb your sugars cravings.
All the healthy fats I use in this recipe will keep you full and feeling refreshed from the inside out.
For this recipe, I used coconut milk but feel free to replace it with any other milk of your choice. Use the method below to create any flavor of gelatin that comes to mind. I even add fresh fruit, like in this Creamy Strawberry Gelatin recipe.
It makes me so happy when you try my recipes, so keep me posted by tagging @nakedflavors on instragram. Pretty please? Thank you! 🙂
Golden Milk Gelatin
- 2 cups coconut milk – I prefer full fat
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 6 tsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp grass-fed gelatin
- 2 cups water
- Blend 1 cup of coconut milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger and 3 tbsp maple syrup.
- Pour mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil a cup of water, transfer to a bowl and using a whisk, mix in 3 tbsp of gelatin powder. I like to add 1 tbsp at a time. Mix until gelatin is completely dissolved. If there’s gelatin solids or lumps left, simply run it through a strainer before mixing it in the golden milk.
- Add gelatin water to the bowl with golden milk and mix.
- Pour mixture in a baking glass dish, gelatin molds or any container you have available, and transfer to the fridge for 45 minutes or until gelatin is solid.
- To make the second layer, mix 1 cup of coconut milk with remaining maple syrup, and set aside.
- Mix in 3 tbsp of gelatin powder in a cup with hot water and mix. If there are lumps, follow the same process as with the first layer.
- Mix coconut milk with gelatin water and pour over as a second layer. Make sure the golden milk gelatin is solid. Transfer to the fridge for another 45 minutes – 1 hour and done! Hope you like it!