Dessert taste so much better when it’s guilt-free! – Don’t you agree?
These Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Pops are made with almond flour and are packed with healthy fats.
I was at Starbucks the other day and saw a couple of little girls eating cake pops, they seemed so good but I doubt they were gluten and refined sugar free. So I thought – Hmm… how can I make these cake pops healthy?
So I went home, baked my favorite chocolate cake recipe, smashed everything with my hands (it was so relaxing 😜), added plenty of healthy fats and began forming small balls.
I made about 26 of these Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Pops and right away shared them with the neighbors to avoid the temptation of eating them all myself!
If you’re having a party or gathering with friends, these are a great dessert option and if you’re making them for yourself, keep them in the fridge for a week or store them in a resealable bag in the freezer. They’ll last for weeks!
You’ll be surprised at how simple is to make these Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Pops.
Alright! Ready to get cooking?
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Pops
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a round or square baking pan with a sheet or parchment paper and rub with coconut oil, just to make sure the cake comes out easily when it’s done.
- In a big bowl mix almond meal, cacao and baking soda.
- Melt coconut oil and pour in the bowl together with coconut nectar, vanilla extract and eggs. Using a hand mixer to blend all the ingredients.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Poke the cake with a fork or a knife and if it comes out clean then it’s done. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Wash your beautiful hands and destroy that cake! Crumble the cooled cake into the bowl and add soften coconut butter. Combine using a hand mixer on low, a spatula, your hands, or if you have kids at home, let them do the work ;). Make sure there are no large lumps.
- Measure 1 Tablespoon of moist cake mixture and roll into a ball. Stick a lollipop stick in each cake pop and place them on a lined baking sheet. In this case, I used coffee stir sticks
- Refrigerate for -12 2 hours.
Let’s make the chocolate ganache
- In the meantime, let’s make the ganache. In a small sauce pan heat up coconut cream at low temperate. Just heat it up, but don’t let it boil. Once hot, remove from the fire and pour chocolate chips. Let rest for 5 minutes. Using a spatula mix rapidly for a couple of minutes until it’s well combined and reaches a creamy consistency.
- Dip the cake ball into the chocolate ganache until it’s completely covered. Make sure the coating covers the base of the cake ball where it meets the lollipop stick.
- Decorate with chopped nuts and place on a baking tray with parchment paper. Repeat with remaining cake pops. Keep them in the fridge and share with your neighbors!
Want more gluten-free and refined-sugar free chocolate recipes. I got you!
- Fudgy Flourless Brownies
- Gluten-Free Vanilla Cream Strawberry Stuffed Cake
- Gluten-free and Grain-free Donuts
- Chocolate Raspberry Bombs
- Mini-Dark Chocolate Tarts
I hope these Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Pops thrill your tastebuds and make sure you to tag @nakedflavors_ so I can see all your creations!
Thank you for stopping by!
With so much love,
LET’S STAY IN TOUCH!