Yesterday, as I was baking my 20th galette, I asked you on Instagram if you wanted the recipe for this gluten-free Berry Galette and all of you said YES! YES! So here you go!
This gut-friendly dessert is super easy to make and it is made with only pure, healthy ingredients so you and your family can enjoy a sweet treat without guilt. Nobody will know it’s gluten-free!
The crust is just perfect, not too soft not to crisp, but keep in mind that you need to prepare the dough in advance, at least 8 hours.
Feel free to use any fruit of your choice if you’re not into berries, I’ve made it with apples, strawberries and peaches when they’re in season.
Gluten-Free Berry Galette
The crust is made with pecan flour but can be replaced with almond flour.
Pretty please! Remember to brush the crust with egg yolk unless, otherwise the result will be a pale galette!
- 1 cup pecans or almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- 1/2 cup grass-fed butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 egg yolk, separated
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- In a food processor blend pecans until completely pulverized.
- Add tapioca flour, soft butter and sea salt.
- Add in maple syrup, and egg and process until combined.
- Wrap dough in a plastic wrap and transfer into the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
- Remove and roll out between two sheets of parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine berry filling ingredients and toss until completely coated. Do this carefully to prevent the raspberries from breaking.
- Place filling in the center of your dough and carefully fold the sides up. If dough is too sticky, dust your hands with tapioca flour or use a spatula.
- Whisk together one egg yolk with a few drops of water, then brush crust and sprinkle with coconut sugar and a pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until crust is crispy and golden
- Remove and let cool before slicing. Enjoy warm or cold.