This Gluten-free Flaxseed Bread is made without eggs, grains, sugars, gums and dairy. It’s very easy to make, doesn’t require kneading and it’s a great addition to your clean nutrition.
Finding gluten free bread with great consistency and free of additives and eggs can be a challenge, don’t you agree? But my desire for having a piece of bread with butter got my creative juices flowing.
For a month I have to limit my consumption of eggs, not because they’re bad, simply because my body needs a little break. And it’s hard because I LOVE EGGS!
The ingredients I use for this recipe are super simple and probably you already have them in your kitchen cabinet. And if you have to buy them, I promise, you won’t have go out of your way to get them.
So let’s get down to the recipe because I get so bored when I come across recipes with a 5-page description.
Gluten-Free Flaxseed Bread
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup flaxseed meal + 1 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp raw honey (or any other sweetener of your choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat the oven at 350 F.
- Mix flaxseed meal and water in a bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl using a hand mixer or blender and add the flaxseed mixture.
- Grease a bread loaf pan with coconut oil and add a small piece of parchment paper on the bottom.
- Add bread mixture. It’s going to look kind of dense and thick, so mold it with your hands or spatula, in necessary.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Let it cool down before slicing or removing from the pan.
It stays good in the fridge for about a week and and longer if you freeze it.