You don’t have to compromise your nutrition because of lack of time, specially when you can cook 15-minute meals like this one. #nomoreexcuses
Lack of time is one of the main excuses I get when people are trying to change their eating habits. With easy and quick meals like this one, you’ll realize there’s no need to sacrifice time and tastebuds.
You can choose to make your own marinara sauce, but in this case I’m keeping things simple and using store-bought to keep this recipes under 15-minutes. I don’t have a favorite brand, but I always read the ingredients to make sure it only has tomatoes, onions, garlic, basil, just simple ingredients and of course, no sugar.
And although, I don’t have a personal favorite, I’ve been using Newman’s Own Marinara Sauce because they donate 100% of their profits to charity and with that kind of mission there’s no reason not to support them. Plus it’s all made with healthy ingredients, so it’s a win win!
Ok, without further ado, here’s this super easy 15-minute recipe your tastebuds and family will love.
15-Minute Chicken Marinara Pasta
- 1 lb. chicken thighs
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt + pepper
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 box of gluten-free pasta
- 1 tsp dried organo
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- In a large skillet melt butter and mix with avocado oil over medium heat. This helps prevent the butter from becoming brown.
- Chop chicken into bite-size cubes and season chicken with garlic, sea salt and pepper.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Add mushrooms, arugula, oregano and marinara sauce and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, boil water in a medium size-pot.
- Add pasta in boiling water and cook for 8-10 minutes. Once done, drain and discard water.
- Mix pasta with chicken until it’s covered with marinara sauce. Serve hot because nobody like cold pasta ;).
- And if you tolerate dairy, add shaved Parmesan or any other cheese of your choice. – The only cheese I eat is grass-fed and raw (aka unpasteurized).
What ya think? Easy peasy, right?
If you’re constantly looking for healthier and easy recipes, consider getting a copy of my book «Healthy Gut Happy You.»
And if you’d like to take your gut health and energy levels to a whole new level, here’s a FREE guide I create just for you. Enjoy!
Thank you for dropping by!
With so much love,