When I was a kid my aunt, Nancy, used to make the best strawberry gelatin ever! Honestly, I have no idea how she makes it, all I can remember is that it was absolutely delicious! I was craving it like crazy couple of days ago, so I came up with my own version.
The star ingredient for this recipe is raw cream, if for some reason it isn’t accessible to you, a great alternative it full-fat coconut milk.
As a nutrition nerd and advocate of healthy living I need to share some incredible fats about raw cream before you start with the preparation process. 🙂 Raw cream and raw butter contain something called the X Factor. Activation X or anti-stiffness factor aka K2, which helps the body use other vitamins such as vitamins A and D (essential for the health of the skin, bones, and teeth). Raw cream also contains Butyric acid which can help prevent colon cancer because it feeds the colon cells and has anti-inflammatory benefits in the gut. This awesome acid can also help restore the integrity of the intestinal lining and helps control feelings of hunger and fullness. Total raw goodness, isn’t it?
That’s today’s lesson, folks! So go ahead a treat yourself without guilt!
- 1 cup raw cream (Organic Pastures)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp of gelatin powder
- 4 tbsp coconut nectar or maple syrup
- 1/2 lb. organic strawberries, chopped.
- Place a small skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Add chopped strawberries together with 2 tbsp of water. Bring to a quick boil, about 3 minutes. Add 1 tbsp of coconut nectar (or maple syrup). Stir and cook for 3 more minutes.
- In the meantime, in a large bowl add cream, 2 tbsp of maple syrup and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- Boil a cup of water, transfer to a bowl and using your whisk mix in the gelatin powder. I like to add one tbsp at a time. Mix until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Add gelatin to the bowl with raw cream and mix using a whisk.
- I used a square baking dish, but you can use whatever baking dish you have available.
- Spread strawberries on the bottom of your dish and pour raw cream-gelatin mixture.
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour.