This guilt-free dessert is filled with gelatin, healthy fats and probiotics to strengthen your inmune system while thrilling your tastebuds!
If you’ve tried my recipes you know I like to experiment and do things a little different. This time I decided to make a pumpkin flan with a creamy and delicate texture courtesy of raw cream filled with healthy fats and probiotics.
Raw cream contains something called the X Factor or Activation X or anti-stiffness factor also known as K2. This factor helps the body use other vitamins such as vitamins A and D – essential for the healthy skin, bones, and teeth.
Raw cream also contains Butyric acid which can help prevent colon cancer because it feeds the colon cells and has anti-inflammatory benefits in the gut. This awesome acid can also help restore the integrity of the intestinal lining and helps control feelings of hunger and fullness. Notice that I am talking about RAW cream, not commercial cream filled with sugars.
Not all creams are made equal, so make sure to buy grass-fed, raw cream to take advantage of all these benefits. If you are in California I recommend you to try Organic Pastures, their cream is out of this world! (I’m not exaggerating)
Creamy Pumpkin Flan
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp raw butter
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 cup raw cream (Organic Pastures)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tbsp of gelatin powder
- 1/4 coconut nectar (Coconut Secret) or maple syrup
- 1 16oz can pumpkin pure
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
- Place crust ingredients in food processor and mix until a dough consistency has been reached. It takes 1-2 minutes.
- I used a 9-inch round pie dish, but you can use whatever you have available. Press down the dough to cover the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
- Using a hand mixer or whisk combine pumpkin pure, raw cream (or full fat coconut milk), coconut nectar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Boil a cup of water and transfer to a bowl. Add gelatin powder little by little and whisk vigorously to prevent lumps from forming.
- Pour gelatin water into bowl with pumpkin and cream mixture. Combine one more time and pour into pie dish. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour or until firm.