An avocado a day keeps the doctors away!
In my 30 years of life, I have only met two people who didn’t like avocados. I often wonder…how is that possible?
Avocados are great sources of healthy fats, provide a wide variety of nutrients including fat-soluble vitamins A, B, E, K; Magnesium, Manganese, Potassium, Iron and Zinc. All of these are essential for healthy and young-looking skin.
Avocados can also help in nutrient absorption from plant-based foods. Some of the nutrients in vegetables and fruits are fat-soluble meaning that they can only be utilized by the body in the presence of fat. So adding some avocado oil or this avocado dressing to your salads can increase antioxidant and nutrient absorption.
Besides being healthy, avocados are delicious and versatile. You can add them to your salads, sandwiches, soups or even have them on their own with a pinch of sea salt. And if you ever tired of eating them you can smash them and use them as facial masks. 😉
- 1 avocado
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp maple syrup (adjust according to taste)
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until well mixed.
- Store in a mason jar or any other container with a lid. Place the avocado seed in the avocado dressing or a piece of onion. This will prevent the avocado from becoming brown too soon.