Lots of people who are always on the go, recurred to oatmeal for breakfast. Many pre-packaged brands are loaded with sugars, chemicals and pure crap. So, if you are oatmeal-breakfast eater, here’s a simple and delicious recipe that can substitute that microwavable brown bag with fruit that seems and taste like cardboard.
The beauty about this “Chocolate Oatmeal” is it has healthy fats from coconut milk, cacao and nuts; it is gluten-free and it can be made in a matter of minutes. PLUS! you can make it in advance to have a grab-and-go breakfast. It will last 2-3 days well in the fridge. Buon appetite!
- 1 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp shaved cacao mass (or cacao powder)
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- Optional: 1tbsp full-fat yogurt (preferably grass-fed)
- Pour coconut milk in a small saucepan and bring to boil.
- Add oats and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Stir constantly, so the oats don’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add cacao, maple syrup and maca powder. Mix and remove from heat.
- Stir in pecans and chopped banana. If desired top with yogurt and enjoy!